DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Two More Bodies Will Be Announced in 2023

Don't know (nor does anyone) AND don't care "until" Nikon launches it and I can place an order.
Look at peter's latest post on NR -- he simply posted 5 different fake pictures of the "Z8" - all different and NONE of them real.

Don't know (nor does anyone) AND don't care "until" Nikon launches it and I can place an order.
I agree.

I am prepared to speculate that while Nikon may be slower than the competition to get new products to market - the end product - as with the Z9 and recent S mount telephoto lenses - the Z8 will be a very good camera.

I agree.

I am prepared to speculate that while Nikon may be slower than the competition to get new products to market - the end product - as with the Z9 and recent S mount telephoto lenses - the Z8 will be a very good camera.
Of course. We know nothing now, like the price, the format size,and the specifications.

We DO KNOW that it will be a fine product, and not rushed to market.

Now it's looking quite certain that one will be a Z8, announced on May 10. So what will the second one be? I'm now thinking Z70 or Z90.

So what exactly is the Z8? Does anyone really know, or it is all just wishful thinking at this point?

I was all set to get a Z7 II, especially at the discounted prices, until a little birdie warned me that this was a clearance price. As often as I upgrade my camera body I'll just wait a bit right now.

Is the pro grade DX body the Z8? Or something in between the Z7 II and the Z9? (purely my own guess.)
If it is a Z8 I hope the price won't be too far north of $2K. I've already spent my tax refund! :(

I'm guessing somewhere in the neighborhood of $4000 - $4400.

That is way too much IMHO. Who can afford that? How many bodies they hope to sell?

Back