DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Leica RDigital Back

> we are being driven along new roads by > market demands.

I have too big an investment, both financial and emotional, in my R6 and the associated lenses to give up without a struggle!

> [Francis, about a year or so ago on this forum we had a similar > discussion, at which point we indicated our mutual misgivings concerning > the affordability of the (then) forthcoming Leica Digital Back. We waited, > listened and evaluated. As it now appears, this is generally unaffordable, > although an admirable Leica addition to the R-series camera system. Can > Dirk now provide an updated precis on Film versus Digital market > movements over the past twelve months? I remain a committed Leica 35mm > (film) camera user and choose to digitise using my own preferred scanning > methods via the medium of traditional Leica equipment.

Best wishes,

Mike

http://www.scotcolour.com.

]

> although an admirable Leica addition to the R-series camera system.

Michael, I'm not sure about that. I would have expected Leica to provide a full frame solution. In addition, the combination of the DMR and R8/R9 is much too much weight. I do most of my photography outdoors when walking with my camera over my shoulder. For this reason I wouldn't be parted from my R6.

The one thing that does attract me as a concept is being able to switch between film and D.

Like you, I'm sticking to slide and scanner, and have other D outlets when I want them.

All the best

Back