DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Physical dimensions XPan (II)

hotswank

Hi, could anyone send me their XPan's bottom dimensions and the 1/4 tripod offset in mm or inch, thanks!

I need to know if the Kirk BL-XPAN L-Plate will fit my F3 with MD-4...

Attachments

• Bottom XPan.jpg
    EXIF
    Bottom XPan.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Bottom XPan.jpg
    EXIF
    Bottom XPan.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 7
What a great idea! A 90 degree mount for my F3! I took my Kirk plate off my Xpan and tried it. The plate fits nicely however the holes don't line up. If you look at the MD-4 the hole is directly centered in the base. The Xpan hole is a little off center. I think it could be made to work by reaming out the hole in the bracket a little bit, but then the screw would no longer be self retaining. I'm going to have to think about this.................

Terry

After playing with it more I've found it doesn't fit perfectly on the bottom. You would have to grind off one side to allow it to fit. Not sure I want to try it as I use my Xpan way more than my F3, although it would still be usable on the Xpan if modified.

Terry

Would it be possible to post a pic with the L-plate mounted, even though it doesn't fit exactly i.e. off center. It will give me a clue of what needs to be modified. The Kirk L-bracket is way to expensive for trial and error experimenting :) Thanks again! You are prolly the only person with both XPan, MD-4 AND Kirk plate...

The ridge along the right hand side would have to be ground off to allow the plate to fit.

Terry

Attachments

• kirkxpan.jpg
    EXIF
    kirkxpan.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 24
  • kirkxpan.jpg
    EXIF
    kirkxpan.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 19
Back