DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Peacock Alley

kgwhite

Due to a series of unfortunate events my photography is pretty much limited to indoors these days. Fortunately I have an archive with 20 years of work to draw from. All the images posted will be newly processed from existing RAW images from various cameras and systems.

Peacock Alley which is a couple of blocks from the Alamo, serves the back doors of many tourist facilities. Visitors don't go there only workmen and those avoiding being noticed for one reason or another. I did a photo project on this street some time ago. Here are a few of the images made at that time. All Processed today.

_1200098-M1_M.jpg
  • OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP. - E-M5
  • OLYMPUS 14-54mm F2.8-3.5 II
  • 33.0 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/250 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 400

_1200072-M1_M.jpg
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/10 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 400

_1200043-M1_M.jpg
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/6 sec
  • Pattern
  • Auto exposure
  • ISO 400

_1200066-M1_M.jpg
  • 38.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/30 sec
  • Pattern
  • Manual exposure
  • ISO 400

Due to a series of unfortunate events my photography is pretty much limited to indoors these days. Fortunately I have an archive with 20 years of work to draw from. All the images posted will be newly processed from existing RAW images from various cameras and systems.

Peacock Alley which is a couple of blocks from the Alamo, serves the back doors of many tourist facilities. Visitors don't go there only workmen and those avoiding being noticed for one reason or another. I did a photo project on this street some time ago. Here are a few of the images made at that time. All Processed today.

View attachment 812

View attachment 811

View attachment 809

View attachment 810
Wonderful set, Kg! These images I'm sure accompany a fascinating history that most of us are unfamiliar with but would be interested to learn. Thanks for sharing this glimpse of local history.

View attachment 812

View attachment 811

View attachment 809

View attachment 810
Very nice!, all of the images!
Pap

All beautiful images, kg. You were a very good photographer way back then as you are now. Love seeing your work.

All beautiful images, kg. You were a very good photographer way back then as you are now. Love seeing your work.
In many way I was better a few years ago than today. My opportunities are limited to mostly indoor subjects these days. I still enjoy making, sharing and commenting on images as much as ever.

In many way I was better a few years ago than today. My opportunities are limited to mostly indoor subjects these days. I still enjoy making, sharing and commenting on images as much as ever.
Well, keep them coming, sir

Back