DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Review Contax T3

just got the adapter, lens hood and a skylight filter (I shoot a lot at altitude, Alps and Black Forest) and the good news ... the lot still fits in the original belt held soft case...good news! I also got the flash attachment, have taken a couple of pics using the TLA 200, came out fine
happy.gif

In answer to Harry and Peter, he had no idea of the postings I'd made here. He'd been trying to get hold of me for a couple of days and my phone had been permanently engaged (which is probably true, actually) So it was my fault they hadn't made contact.

As to what he said, I was quite impressed to be honest. He seemed to be completely straight and didn't try to bullsh*t me with any excuses. He asked me to describe the problem in detail and played it back to me to make sure he had fully understood. He explained that no-one in the UK had flagged this issue to them before and that they would check it out. He also commented on Contax wanting to make sure that all their customers were delighted with Contax products, and he seemed very genuine in this.

I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers,

Mark.

Hello Mark
I have found two persons that have a T3 focusing like described in the manual.
The first is Young Lee: after several substitution he found a T3 that focuses correctly.
You can read the story in the contax T3 forum of photo.net at the address:
http://www.photo.net/contax/t3
The second is Kwen, you can read his comment at this address:
http://webxone.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=user_experiences_t3;action=display;num=1025530539

So exist some T3s without this problem, it would be interesting to know what is the percentage and it would be interesting to know if Kyocera has informed about this.

In a Contax T3 forum I found a "T3 DOF & C F table for download" really useful because they are large as a credit card so they can be joined together and kept in the wallet. The address is:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/contaxcamera/messages/?start=Start+Reading+%3E%3E

regards

Paolo

I often need to change partly exposed rolls of film with different ASA. With my G2, I just set 1/4000, stop down at maximum and close the lens cap and then shoot the wanted number of pictures until the unused part is reached.

Can anyone tell me if this is also possible with the T3?

I enjoy the images I get from my immensely portable titanium brick. However, I did have to send the brand new unit back for warranty repair because the first 6 rolls I put through were all marred by scratches on the negatives - running horizontally across the frames about 1/3 of the way from the top. The problem started from about frame 16 and got progressively worse through the rolls.

I've read other Web posts (thanks, VF!) about this problem on some units. I'm glad to report my unit came back from USA warranty repair 9 days after shipping it off. It received repairs to "the film chamber" according to the sheet returned from the service center. I now have a roll of Reala in progress to see it post-repair. Presumably, the scratches will be gone.

Harold

I'm sorry to say but my brand new T3 has a problem. Some times when I turn it on the lens does not fully extend, creates a noise (like it is trying to move out more) and than stops. I turn it off and it closes normally. When I turn it on again it works fine. Some time it will not fully retract back. I will turn it on again and than turn it off. It will go all the way in. It does not happen every time but still I want to send it to Kyosera for check up before some internal damage may occur. Has this happened to anyone else?

i guess could be a gear problem? or the circuit contacts?
anyone find that a 2ndhand TVsII and T3 price difference is minimal?
think TV sII zoom lens comes quite handy but how's the optics, i wonder

I'm happy to say that this problem disappeared by itself.
Could be some debris left after the manufacturing or something of that nature.
I also cleaned battery’s terminals. It does not do it any more.
(Crossing my fingers)
Camera takes absolutely beautiful pictures.
The big problem is the Kodak lab.
In San Francisco it sucks. We pay premium for the Kodak processing but the colors are bad and they do not even sleeve the negatives.
Anyone has an idea about good photolab in San Francisco?

I've been using a T2 for some years now alongside Nikon system cameras/lenses. Slides/B & W in Nikons and colour prints in T2.

For a recent hutting trip in the Alps, owing to the need to carry heavier loads I decided to leave the Nikons at home and bought a 2nd., s/h T2. Very pleased with its results both with slide and B & W.

Now I'm wondering whther a T3 would raise my image quality any further. Has anyone done tests which provide a direct comparrison between the lens qualities of T2 and T3?

Trevor Littlewood

Back