DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Review Contax T3

Greetings!

I'm new to the forum and new to contax. I just purchased a T3. Need a recommendation for a small case that can be cliped to my belt. The case that came with the camera seems to fit too snug for quick access. Thanks in advance.

Frank,

I've found the LowePro Z-20 pouch to work very well. The Z-10 also works, but the fit is tighter (but not surface scratching tight). I didn't mind the case that came with the camera, but when I added the lens hood, that case wouldn't do the job anymore. My local Best Buy carries the Z-10, Z-20, & Z-30 cases, so it was easy to find the one I liked best. Hope this helps.

Mike Williamson

I'm using the stock pouch fot CONTAX Tix (CC-66). It is perfect for T3. It is much softer than the one T3 comes with.

Just curious. Any well known photographers using the T3? Thanks in advance.

many use T2, such as Antonio Verglas, Sante Glaviano, Annie Lebovitz and probably Greg Gorman (sorry, my spelling is bad) as well as some not famous such as myself. I don't know if they step up to T3 but I would not surprise if they do so.

Brgds/kaisern

Hi!

Contax 30.5mm Filters: 1A; A2(81B); B2(82A). Does anyone know which filters are these?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I just uploaded the complete english manual of the Contax T3 on the Scan/Download section in this Forum. Most interetsing pages are page 46-49 for DOF, Costum Functions etc.

AFL button is described on page 32, Speed settings in Av mode on page 37, SA-2 flash adaptor on page 57.

Hope that helps people who are in a buying decision.

The manual of the T2 will follow soon.

This all takes tremendous time to scan, modify and upload, so please be patient for the other manuals and later on the broshures.

Dirk

I uploaded also the japanese and the english broshure for the Contax T3 in the scans/manuals section.

In the japanese T3 broshure you will find a comparison of the T2 vs. T3 with MTF and pictures

The broshures offered in Japan seem to be anyways more detailed and a better quality then in Europe.

Dirk

I just pick up a used T3. Compared to similar P&S's I've used (i.e. Nikon Ti35, T2, GR1) it makes a more noticeable vibration when turned on and the lens extends, and when focused. I don't know, this may be normal. Does anyone have comparitive experience to shed some light on this for me?
Thanks

I just purchased an SA-2 Flash adapter for my T3. Need a recommendation for a small pouch that can accommodate the camera with the Adapter installed and the Flash TLA 200 attached.
Thanks in advance.

Back