DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Manual Focussing Screens

Still waiting here since mine is for the 1DsII. Here's the response from Brightscreen from an inquiry a few days ago:

"These new screens for the Canon 1D series are currently expected to be ready late December or early January. The new 5D screens are shipping now."

Never mind that They charged me already, but that's the way with advanced ordering at the bleeding edge ...
uhoh.gif

I'll post observations as soon as it gets in, which looks like 2006.

Dermot,

I read your comment on the flare problems with the Zeiss VS 28-85. Beside this, what is your opinion in terms of image quality when using this lens on a 5d (sharpness, esp. corner sharpness - contrast - colour)?
I have this lens together with some Contax equipment and I'm planning to buy a 5d and use it as a “walk-around†lens.
Do you think the Zeiss lens is superior to the new Canon IS 24-105 in terms of image quality – what would you recommend ?

Thanks
Andreas

Back