DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Is there a function of multiple expocures on it

I have tried to find the function of multiple expocures on the info-sheets of the camera, but couldn't find it.
Could anyone tell me if there is any?
I have already decided to buy it, and it's a function that I have been using a lot on my Eos3.
In advance,- Thanx!

Frankly in the age of digital, I think you're much better off taking two separate exposures and using Photoshop or whatever to layer them. You'll get much better control and reduce about all chances of losing both exposures.

Well, I understand that,- but I am still in the learning process of digital photography, and I still like the "analogue" way of thinking.
Of course, you can do anything with photoshop, but my aim is still to take the pictures as close to my original idea as possible, and in that matter I have som ideas to use double-exposures.
Thank you for the reply, though..
happy.gif

Tommy, the point I'm trying to make is that in some ways you need to change your approach when it comes to digital. When computers were introduced to the business world, business people had to change the way they approached business. Same principle applies here.

Sensors work very differently from film. In order for image superimposition to work in-camera, you would basically have to replicate the functionality Photoshop uses to layer images. It would be a waste of effort and resources since it's already available in the much more practical PC environment, and only a few adventurous souls like yourself would think of using it
happy.gif
. You'll always get much better results off-camera as the optimum blending process will vary greatly depending on the attributes of the individual images. The algorithms in the camera would have to be fairly sophisticated and take up valuable memory and CPU resources, both already strained to get max quality and speed.

Having said that, it's possible some vendor might have implemented some rudimentary form of it. I realize people don't necessarily go rock climbing because it's practical or rational, and that doesn't invalidate the pursuit
biggrin.gif
. Good luck in your quest!

Well, thanks.
happy.gif

I know that I have to change my approach concerning digital, and that's ok.
The major difference between digital and analog is what I would call the "post-production" of the pictures, yes,- that IS done in the darkroom too, but with digital it is done in a greater scale.
To me, a picture as a result (nowadays, this may change
biggrin.gif
), is best for me if I can take it, and develop it with as little adjustments as possible.
So, in those terms, post-adjusting of the pics and effects in photoshop becomes a little unnatural for me, but I'm working on it.
I will still take analogue pics too, but as I'll be the lucky owner of a 5D in a few days (first one arriving to norway tomorrow, for sale), I expect this to take most of my time in the time ahead of me.
lol.gif

[One thing I just recently did was purchase a mini gretag mcbeth 24 patch color swatch. The book "Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS2" explains how to use this swatch to calibrate RAW conversions. It is by far providing me the best color in my RAW conversions. Colors are richer and truer to life. If you want to be more "analog" and spend less time tweaking your photos, properly calibrated equipment is a must. Calibrate when you take your photos, calibrate your photo conversion software, calibrate your monitor, and calibrate your printer.]

Robert clearly spelled out Digital Photography 101, if you want optimized results. We can assume most people in this forum want that
happy.gif
. I found that calibrating ACR to my 1DsII with the color chart made a mild but noticeable difference in my case. Definitely worth your time probing.

Tommy, I hope you have a blast with your 5D. Let us know how you fare.

Thanks, I guess it will be a lot more pictures taken now that I don't have to waste all the money on film, and I'll be posting some pics on the gallery later on.
Feel free to tell me what adjustments is nescessary on the digital pics, when that time comes.
lol.gif

Back