Best Lighting setups for Portraits

Discussion in 'Hardware (Studio, Darkroom, Macro, Flash, PC etc.)' started by grimace74, May 21, 2003.

1. grimace74

grimace74 Guest

I have recently gotten into doing portraits of individuals and I am beginning to like it, I think I may start doing it as part of my hobby. Up until now I have been relying on outdoor shots for the portraits I take because I am not quite ready to cover the lighting challenge of studio shots. Can anyone give me good simple suggestions for lighting a studio booth for the best portrait settings. Thanks in advance.

Matt from Ohio

2. moti

moti New Member

Hi Matt

you can use any setup u want. the traditional setup is 1 or 2 soft box 45deg. to the subject when the camera is between the 2 soft box.

there r some nice books in amazon about lighting tech. read them they r full with infomation.

moti

3. mjt11860

mjt11860 Guest

hi matt. make sure when u set up the soft boxes, that u check that their reflection is not in the lens on your camera. if they r, back them up until u don't see them. otherwise, you'll get what i think is referred to as flair.