DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

3570 mm f 4 any experiences

can one use zooms on a Leicaflex SL?

Several can be used on the SL:

28-70, I think (can someone verify?)
35-70 f/3.5
45-90 f/2.8
75-200 f/4.5
70-210 f/4
80-200 f/4 (3-cam version)

> Thank you Douglas, I enjoy your pictures. I have also read quite a bit about the SL, all of it good, and would be keen you try one sometime. Not that zooms are essential of course, but they can be handy.

I acquired this lens several months ago along with an R8 (I have been using a M2 and a R3 since they first came out). I am generally pleased, except that I have experienced significant flare problems when aimed too close to the light source. Anyone else have this problem (I use the included screw-in filter)

Marvin:

I have never had a flare problem - even when I have sought to induce it, it is not significant.

I have found this to be a very good everyday lens.

Also, there is no filter supplied with the lens. I suppose the previous owner added it - (I am assuming a UV?). Is it marked Leica or a good brand? That could be the source or else it is in fact the lens and it may have extremely fine "polishing marks/scratches".

Hello,

I read that you bought the 37-70 2.8. Are you happy with it? Isn't too heavy and big for everyday use? Compare to the 35-70 f4 how is it performing?

Tnaks and br

Back