CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Bill - Nick a little help ?

MaxBerlin

Can you please test your 35-70 to help me understand if I have more than 1 problem with the Vario I have.

As expected with the 'infinity focus' issue I would have problems with near distance focus and how close I can get with the macro function.

However, the issue I am concerned about is the need to massively refocus when I zoom in or out. I've tested the other varios I have and most of the refocusing required is minute and probably due to human error.

With this lens it requires almost a 90 degree turn of the barrel.

Thanks

MaxBerlin

I've checked the lens against my NEX7 with Novoflex adapter that works on 20+ other c/y lenses with out any issue.

And just to be certain I checked it on a 167 MT. The 35-70 is the only one with the 'way off infinity focus' issue and the massive refocusing issue in a vario.

It's definitely isolated to the lens.

Old_Contax_User

35-70 zoom problems.

Hi Max,

Max I am currently in Tokyo and the 35-70 is in Rhode Island. I've e-mailed your questions back to RI and I will try to test a 35-70 here in the Contax store.

Bill

Old_Contax_User

35-70 Vario-Sonnar

Hi Max,

I got to test a couple 35-70's both on a Contax Aria and on my NEX 7.

Both focused to infinity correctly and maintained focus as they were zoomed. I tried them at infinity, close focus and four random in between distances focusing at the long end (70mm) and then zooming to a shorter focal length while keeping track of the focus. This is of course the recommended method since it is easier to focus a longer lens.

Bill

MaxBerlin

I sent mine in for repair and should have it back by end of next week. Hopefully I won't be out too much.

Good photos in Japan ? Looking forward to see them.