DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax 159 MM Information request

stan_parry

I have a LNIB Contax 159 MM with a red case that I am thinking of selling on eBay. I have the manual and remember it being one of the premier SLR's of its day (without the bulk of a Leica) and with new and innovative functions. When was it produced and what can anyone tell me about the camera?I used it once sparingly on a trip to France as a back up camera and had it serviced by Contax after that trip, so it seems to be in perfect working order. Any informtion would be greatly appreciated. I really hate to part with this baby. I would include a phot but the insert imagefunction doesn't seem to be working right now for me.

Hi Stan. I am interested in purchasing your 159MM. Would you consider selling it direct rather than auction?

Regards,
Gil

Hi Gil, I haven't actually made up my mind on this camera. I admit to dithering about it and haven't found out much about possible prices. I am selling a lot of Contax and other equipment and admit to being attached to the 159 almost above all others. There is just something about its compact elegance. Anyway I will decide over the weekend and let you know before I do anything on eBay. I will, of course, send you photos when I decide.

Best,

Hi Stan, What other contax stuff are you selling? Is it listed somewhere i could have a look and be tempted? Antony

Back