CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Butterflies....

Guest .

Banned
Hi All,

unfortunately I had no internet for a couple of days. I had to spend the days in Northern Germany for occupational reasons.

Well, I took the opportunity to shoot some butterflies there ...

SIGMA SD14 + UWE's special macro-tube + 18-200mm DC OS + flash (METZ 34-CS-2)

ENJOY

Sample 19.jpg Sample 22.jpg

Sample 31.jpg Sample 36.jpg

Sample 37.jpg Sample 38.jpg

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Steaphany

Very nice, how far was the lens from the Butterflies ?

I've never been able to get close enough to catch a photo.

tc95

Klaus...Yes i am with Stephanie....when ever I get close they fly away..please let-us know your secret....

Those were great images....

Tony C.

akv

Incredible work,
I have the same problem too, although I haven't had much experience with shooting butterflies. I'm afraid my charming personality just doesn't keep them around.

Guest .

Banned
Hi All,

whenever flight distances have to be kept, you need a thing called focal lenght.

In this case I took advantage of the incredible 18-200mm OS hyperzoom and a selfmade macro tube, which Uwe developed.

At 200mm, you can focus from front lens up to 6ft distance. That gets you an enourmous flexibility on the scene.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, I once introduced the tube.

My distance from the butterfly was very different ... between some estimated 3 inches up to a yard.

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

P.S. Just move very very slowly when approaching them .....:)