DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Carl Zeiss lenses all from Germany

G

I am a new G1 owner - my wife (with help from her cousin) purchased the camera from B&H. Otherwise I would still be an exclusive SLR guy.
Question - the package came with the body, 35mm f2 lens, and flash. I noticed the lens was from Japan (I think) - is that OK? I had heard stories about Zeiss lenses from East Germany being of lower quality. I have just put my first roll of film through the camera and will be developing it today. Do I need to check the body and lens for some ID numbers etc? Thanks

Congrats for your new G1. I'm also an ex-reflex (Nikon) guy!.

Ok, Zeiss lenses for the G1 are all manufactured in Japan, but don't worr= y, all the calculations, instructions, specifications, quality control desig= n, etc, are from Zeiss in Oberkochen, Germany. See is as a trick for costing about the half it would cost if made enterely in Germany.

Regards from Oviedo, Spain, Luis Arg=FCelles

My Hologon 8/16 is made in Germany. All the other lenses I have are made in Japan:

2,8/21
2,8/28
2/45
2,8/90

Hallo,
the Hologon 8/16 have difficult lens system and Carl Zeiss Germany lens only other made in japan. The east germany zeiss never produced lenses for Contax G, but a rangfinder lens for Contax IIa and III a from Stuttgart West-Germany = 2,8/35mm Biometar, 3,5/50mm Tessar, 1,5/ 75mm Biotar,2,0/85mm Sonnar, and 135mm Sonnar, very fine lenses.
peter müller

Back