DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

G2 Polarizers

I can also vouch that the step-up ring is a good idea. I already have 52mm and 77mm polarizers for my Nikon eqpt. and the 46-52 ring is just the ticket. Much cheaper than buying a new filter.

DZ

Ming
I do use a polarizer with the G2. It is my favorite filter for color film.

Does anyone have any comments and experience with a Kaesemann or a Heliopan circular polarizer? Any preferences? Thanks.
Harbert

I don't have any experience with fixed polarizers on the G2, but I have used the Leica 'articulating' polarizer with satisfaction. It mounts quite easily on the front of the 28, 45 or 90mm lenses (probably the 35mm, as well, but I don't have that lens). The polarizer swings exactly 180 degrees and in that position covers about half the image viewable in the viewfinder, so you can see the effect of the polarization and adjust darkness by rotating the polarizer. Once satisfied, you simply swing the unit 180 degrees back to a position directly in front of the lens for the exposure. It works pretty easily.

The Leica adjustable polarizer is quite pricey, even at street price (about $350). But you occasionally see one on eBay which can be acquired for considerably less. As you might expect, the Leica polarizer is impeccably manufactured and comes in a handy case.

Back