DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Dear Hasselblad -- it is time for that firmware update for the X2D-100C that will....................

areallygrumpyoldsod

Dear Hasselblad -- it is time for that firmware update for the X2D-100C that will:
  • give us stills shooters everything we had with the X1Dii-50C
  • give us live view and automatic sequence control when tethered using Phocus
  • provide a solution to allow GPS data to be saved in camera with each image
  • provide a remote triggering solution - that does not just use Phocus Mobile -- how about a bluetooth based option
AND -- no thanks to video - not in a body with a 100Mp sensor.

Sure -- we would also like to know when/if you will add continuous Auto-focus to the X2D-100C and which types of lenses it works with AND yes later how about some kind of tracking and even eye-detect AF -- but one understands this is tough to do for the first time.

If I decide to buy a digital camera again (only shooting film now), this is the one (unless Sigma does come out with a FF Foveon L mount--then all bets are off). However, without the promised firmware updates and the 3 paired lenses impossible to find anywhere, how can I believe HB is still an active company?

If I decide to buy a digital camera again (only shooting film now), this is the one (unless Sigma does come out with a FF Foveon L mount--then all bets are off). However, without the promised firmware updates and the 3 paired lenses impossible to find anywhere, how can I believe HB is still an active company?
I don’t know where in the world you are but the camera and the two new released lenses are available in the US.

I don’t know where in the world you are but the camera and the two new released lenses are available in the US.
Same in the Uk and I have a date for the 3rd (the 90mm), not a guaranteed date.

I've been trying to locate the 55mm f/2.5 for some time. Does anyone know where to find it in the U.S.?

I've been trying to locate the 55mm f/2.5 for some time. Does anyone know where to find it in the U.S.?
Hasselblad's online store is showing shipping in 5 days of order. I ordered the XCD, 38 & 55 through them and had everything by mid-November last year.

Hasselblad's online store is showing shipping in 5 days of order. I ordered the XCD, 38 & 55 through them and had everything by mid-November last year.
Thanks so incredibly much. I was looking at all the retailers and found none.

A couple of weeks back, I convinced a friend to buy the camera and he couldn't find these lenses so ordered the brilliant, but massively heavy wide zoom. I'll pass word on to him. Really appreciate it!

Agree totally.
The bug where in Phocus if you select just one source, call it the ssd drive, and "select images" it will only let you get all the images on both the ssd and the cfe card....doubling the import. No work around unless you pop the cfe card out every time you import via phocus with the wire connected to the camera. My old fuji did not have this issue nor other cameras afaik. I emailed H and they acknowledged the issue...and no fix....something in the camera or the software needs to be fixed regarding the file structure.

End huff and puff and blow the house down mode.

Back