CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

C700

johni

I cannot get stable image quality anymore. Just about all my pictures, whether on any setting on the dial, have a blurr. Is there a factory default setting?

B

binary

I don't blame you if my reply wont count as I am so green a newbie myself, but I can only relate so much to your predicament.
I get blurred pictures because my camera shakes whenever I press the shutter button no matter how I stabilize my hands. That's why I need a remote and tripod badly. My C-740 doesn't have remote so I'll have to wait for the latter. Meanwhile I get by using the timer or not letting go of the button until the shutter has closed (although in high speed mode this means taking a couple more picture than you need). Also, a higher shutter speed would help get clearer picture in a well-lit environment as well as a lower aperture setting. (f8-f11).
BTW you mention you cannot get stable image quality anymore, does this mean you used to get stable images before? If so, this reply missed you so much as a mile.

joanjordi

<I cannot get stable image quality anymore. Just about all my pictures, whether on any setting on the dial, have a blurr. Is there a factory default setting?>

I've noticed that digicams are very sensitive to camera's movement when takes a photo. I don't know this specific model of camera. Try shoot the camera in a stable support like a tripod, a table, etc., using the timer in order to prevent camera's movement when press the shooter. use shooter speed of 1/60 or faster (better 1/250 if it's possible) and see the results. Select an still object to photograph and place it in the center of the frame, to make easy the camera's focusing. If your images are yet blurred probably the problem is within the camera

arden

I had the same blurring problem with my C-750 at first. Using a tripod takes care of it - unless your subject moves.

Higher ISO setting & larger aperture setting can help
(don't forget your flash)
If the shutter speed still slower than the safety shutter speed (eg. 1/100s @ focal lenght 100mm)
please shoot with stable support to avoid hand shake

hope this help