DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Olympus P400 dyesub photo printers

ditto1958

Has anyone had any experience with Olympus dye-sub photo printers? They seem to get pretty good reviews, but the "consumables" sound expensive.

I have one, though I haven't used it in a whole as almost all my printing is b&W and it is not the printer for that. For color, however, it's outstanding. The prints are pretty much indestructible once coated, and as good as anything coming out of a wet darkroom. Yes, the disposables are expensive, but if you're printing 8.5x11s, they're certainly less expensive than a wet color print that size.

I am using olympus p-400 since last 2 years. It worked fine but since last 2 weeks It is giving me trouble. When I try to print some thing on it. It gives a message that "Paper Jam" and just a blank sheet comes out from paper tray. I tried to fix it but could not get it. When I open the printer covers i do not see any jammed paper in it. During this error the ink ribbon goes one cycle up. If some one knows how this problem can be fixed, please let me know, It would be appericaiated.
Thanks

Back