Cable release for MA 137

ashley

Can somebody tell me what cable release I need for the MA137? Do the L-series cable releases work? Also, I've read somewhere that an infra-red remote shutter system exists. Does anybody know anything about this and if it is still available.?

many thanks and kind regrards to you all

Ashley

bobbl46

Hi Ashley

You need an S or L type Cable Release, in any convenient length. There is a photo of the connecting end at ....

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

.... which is in .... Contax User Forum » Contax SLR C/Y-mount » Yashica Lenses with C/Y mount » Yashica3.5-5.6/28-210

There are older Contax Infra-red and Radio-remote systems which crop up second-hand every now and again. You can see an ex&le of these (in German) on Dirk's Brochure pages.

See the 1982 System Brochure - page 19.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I have made several systems for Contax owners that used different trigger mechanisms. Some based on ultra cheap Toy Radio Control cars ( with the receiver stripped out) and others on car-boot sale bought Infra-red devices.

All that is required is an isolated push-to-make switch (e.g. relay) connected to the cable that attaches to the camera. I used a surplus cable release cable on some, discarding the (faulty) push switch. On others, I broke into the cable release cable with a miniature male/female connector, preserving the original cable push switch function. It only requires simple soldering of the 2 core cable.

I do remember accidently running off a roll of film once when one of the prototype radio devices was not shielded and a near-by parked Radio-cab took over control of my camera! The same device proved excellent later controlling the camera at over 100 yards from my hide.

Send private message if such a project appeals to you.

Cheers, Kyocera Kid.