DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Monitor Calibration

john_russell

Hey there.... Just wondering if any of the more digital darkroom savvy photographers out there can point me in the right direction regarding monitor calibration. I know you can invest a bit of money and get a spyder and other equipment to do a technically brilliant job of it all, but I dont really want to expend all that cash that I'm saving to buy myself bigger and better glass !!! I have found a lot of sites on the net - but they either seem to be way too basic, or just mega complicated. I can find my way around a computer quite well, but I am not quite a genuis.... I want to be able to have decent gamma for both PC and Mac, and have a relatively foolproof way to set up my computer's black & white points as well as colour balance for web output as well as taking the final images off to a printer for something a little more solid. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Back