DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sony FE 50/1.2 versus 50/1.4 bokeh

RE Alpha

There are many threads on the new 50/1.4 and comparisons with the 50/1.2. However, I have seen very few comparisons that delve into the quality and differences of the bokeh between these lenses. Is there already anyone here who actually did so?

Sony_FE5014GM_50F12GM-1.jpg

Bokeh is very similar - just less DOF at F1.2 as expected.

I’m travelling at the moment, so I left both 50’s behind (I took the 55 f1.8 to save weight). I bought the f1.4 to save a bit of weight and also the DOF differences are infinitesimal to say the least. I will be selling the f1.2 upon my return. Both lenses are stellar, but having two is a bit much, even for a gearhead like me.

1.2 @ $1998.00 and 778g.
1.4 @ $1299.00 and 516g.
1.8 @ $ 248.00 and 186g.

There are many threads on the new 50/1.4 and comparisons with the 50/1.2. However, I have seen very few comparisons that delve into the quality and differences of the bokeh between these lenses. Is there already anyone here who actually did so?
You made the tread in the wrong place. You should use this one:

"Sony Mirrorless Lens Talk"​

"

Back