Can anyone help me

S

sam

I have 4 printers i want to connect to my pc. Id like to choose which printer prints out my photo. Is there an easy way to do this?

U

Uksnapper

> [..Sam you should be offered a choice when you send the file to print using widows, and if you go to Start / Settings / Printers it will show which printers you have loaded drivers for and if they are connected along with which is set as default.. If you need more info I guess it should be off list so we dont bore people,just let me know. Michael ..]

S

sam

Sorry i dont think i explained myself very well. I have 4 printers i want to connect to my computer. If i want to print more than 1 photo, i would like it to be sent to the next free printer automatically

peterblaise

Posted by sam markwell (Sam) on Tuesday, August 26, 2003 - 12:37 pm:

Sorry i don't think i explained myself very well. I have 4 printers i want to connect to my computer. If i want to print more than 1 photo, i would like it to be sent to the next free printer automatically

---------

Good luck -- you'll need to set up a Windows NT/2000/XP-server network with the printer "spooling" feature to accomplish that.

I have customers with custom programs and lots of parallel interface cards to allow printing to 8 parallel printers at the same time, keeping each queued -- only works in DOS with text.

You are asking for something NO ONE ELSE IN THE WORLD WANTS! So, you are on your own!

Since I can't imagine that the 4 printers are the exact same, so randomly sending images to different color spaces and dot pattern algorithms is something the programmers haven't been told to automate, yet.

Let us know how it works out for you.

If you want to tell us ANY THING specific, like model numbers of the printers, their interfaces (parallel or USB) and your computer specifications and it's option socket availability and operating system and accessory cards you can buy and fit in it depending on empty internal slots, and so on, then we may be able to explore your options a bit. As I always seem to be saying,

"Oh? Can you tell us more about that for you?"

However, all software expects YOU to decide what printer to send it to when you hit the print key.

Click!

Love and hugs,

Peter Blaise Monahon Minolta Photographer peterblaise@yahoo.com APC American Personal Computing - High Tech Support in Plain Language since 1969 3686 King Street, #185 Alexandria, Virginia (VA) 22302 United States (US) Voice/Message/Beeper 703-845-1556 24 hours a day eFax 703-852-4396
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
and