DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

OM Bounce Grip 2 Connection Problem

shutterfiend

I'm not really sure if this something to be alarmed about. My OM Bounce Grip 2 starts clicking ever so softly as soon as I load batteries in it. The clicking does not stop when I play with the battery door. The flash has been firing fine 90% of the time (it doesn't fire at all sometimes, but that could be a sign of ageing). I'm using OM-2n, T shoe cord and T20 with the grip. Any advice would be appreciated.

PS. Also, the grip doesn't seem to affect recycle time much, should it? Thanks in advance.

> It is assumed that the Bounce grip has fresh C cells in it. When it does it "should" dramatically shorten reycle time (especially from a full dump). If it doesn't affect recycle time, something is wrong. I haven't used my BG2 in a while, but as I recall, the electronics make a subtle "chirp' every few seconds. John www.zuiko.com

John, I confiscated the batteries from the kid's toys. I'll try it with fresh ones tonight (and let Elmo sing again). It's good to know that the chirping is normal. Thanks!

Back