DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

5060 filters

robkauk

I haven't found any UK retailers (e-tail or otherwise) who actually stock the 5060 filter set - anyone found a supplier (with reasonable prices)?

> Am obliged for the pointers to sourcing suitable filters for 5060. Olympus Europe does say any brand filter can be used, but will not be covered by warranty. However, since they couldn't confirm availability of Olympus' own filters (!) or any filter weight restrictions guess I'll try another brand.

"any brand filter can be used, but will not be covered by warranty" !!! what sort of nonsense is that? what does a filter got to do with anything covered by a warranty?

> Sounds to me like they're saying they won't warranty third-party accessories or any damage caused by them (e.g., miscut threads) -- which is just about everyone's > standard policy anyhow. It does not sound to me like the use of third-party filters would void the camera's warranty.

Beeing a bit of a newcommer to good equipment could someone tell me how you fit a filter to a 5060?

Do you need an adapter or do they just go over the lens? If so how does it work with the zoom etc?

Thanks very much

James

Well, Thanks for wasting £35 of my money for not knowing what you are talking about. Sure the CLA-7 is for my camera. BUT YOU CAN'T FIT FILTERS ON IT, only the very expensive wide and tele lens.

If anyone knows where to get an adapter tube that fits the 5060 so that I can use normal 40.5mm filters, then I would really appreciate it if they could post info here.

Apologies for misleading you Slack.

Read my post above dated 4 Jan.

You can always hang on to your CLA7 for when your interest develops, and you feel the need for additional lens convertors, or resell it on amazon or ebay.

Back