DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Need help with Aria databack

L

ltsdnce

I just bought a D9 databack (used) and do not have any info on how to use it. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks,
Susan

Hi Susan,

I believe it's outlined in the Aria manual, which, I also believe is available on this web site here:

Oops, so it's not...even though the Aria is the poster camera for the Manuals section ;-)

Two things. There is a switch on the inside, next to the pressure plate, that allows the data imprinting on the first 2 or 3 frames, depending on how many frames your film is. It's really cool, turn it on.

Second is, you use the buttons on the back (flip down the control cover) to set the time/date, and select the impringing mode. Dashes "-----" means no inter-frame imprinting. Anything else is what will get printed.

So, set the date/time, select the imprinting format you like, turn the switch inside the back next to the pressure plate "on", and run a roll of film!

Regards,

Austin

Hi Susan!

Yes, I do have this Data-Back and yes, I have a manual, too. But you do not expect me to post the whole thing here? What do you want to know?

Martin

Thanks for the helpful posts! I just got the databack the other day and find I have to order batteries, so will be a week or so before I can actually turn it on and see how it works.
May have more questions then.
Regards,
Susan

I think I set the date/time but I would like to have it imprint exposure info (exp comp, shutter speed, aperture) between frames. How do I do this?
Thanks,
Susan

Back