CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Canon FS4000US Scanner Any feedback

M

mhwang74

I am looking to purchase the Canon FS4000US Scanner. I've been doing a lot of research on many different scanners under US$1,000 range. It's come down to the Minolta Dimage 5400 or Canon FS4000US. Has anyone had any experience on either one of these scanners? I have read almost ALL reviews on the Internet and I wanted to get a true user review. Thanks.

J

jbeecham

>I have had the Minolta Dimage 5400 for over a month. I am extremely >satisfied with it and I can heartily recommend it! You can't beat the >bang for the buck. If you want any specific info, let me know.

> Hola Michel: In my company we have used this wonderfull scaner for 6 months with very good results, the operator likes tu do triks with the software and manual scan adjustments. The only compliant is the time for high resolution, but in most of our task it is not needed.

Accuracy and color redemption is fantastic and after six months of heavy use there is not appreciable differences.

Our best wishes in your buy. Buena Suerte! Eduardo

nzmike

I've had an FS4000 for about 6 months and I really love it - although it is not the highest res scanner out there now it is still more than good enough to extract the maximum from your slides. Now that it is a slightly older scanner you should also be able to get one for a very good price... just make sure you use it with SCSI if you can - it's markedly faster than USB!

Mike.

M

mhwang74

Jerry, Eduardo, & Mike,

Thanks for the info. I wanted to ask one more question. How has your experience been when scanning color negative films? I don't shoot slides, so it would make a big difference if these do not scan negatives well. Thanks.

J

jbeecham

>Michael - I have yet to scan in a negative, strictly slides.

> Michel: Most of our work is with negative film and work very nice, as usual, the color reproduction depends more of the film and development than the scanning. Eduardo

smokhasi

> I have been using the Canon FS4000US with both slides and negatives for over 8 months now. I am satisfied with the performance. The scanning speed with either SCSI or USB is more suited to light pro-sumer use than volume use. Overall, it has been value for money.

nzmike

I have only used the FS4000 with slides as well as that's all I shoot (and soon not even that - when I take delivery of the Canon EOS 300D!).

Mike.