CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Canon lens on Contax 645? Possible?

gillou

in my opinion, this adapter do not exist. because i guess that it is not possible to mount slr lenses on a larger film/sensor camera.

biggles3

CI-Supporter
Hello JonaBlackwell,
Sorry I'm very late to this topic but there are only a few lenses made for 35mm SLRs (or their digital equivalents) that can be used on medium format cameras and no ready-made adapters exist for them. A good example of one such lens is the Yashica 100 f4 ML Bellows lens which could be used with up to a 6x7 camera. The only adapters that I know exist for the Contax 645 are the Hasselblad one and the Zork for the Mamiya 645 lenses. I have recently bought the Zork adapter (it's very expensive at £350+) so that I can use the stunning Mamiya 145mm Soft Focus lens and the Bellows N (as the C645 Bellows is impossibly expensive and hard to find). I have to agree with gillou that you will be out of luck with the Canon lenses. Sorry I can't give you better news.