DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Tamron Adaptall 2 on Leicaflex

This topic is what brought me here. I Googled this and I saw some old threads regarding that. I just recently decided to buy a Leicaflex SL to dabble into film a little bit. I have owned Leicas - including 2 SL's - going back to 1969.

I would like to know what exact Tamron adapter I need to find for use on the Leicaflex SL. Someone sold me an adapter, insisting that it would mount on my camera but it didn't so I returned it. If someone reading this has one they would like to sell I would be interested.

My camera kit as it sits now has a very nice SL body and a very nice 35-70 f3.5 Vario Elmar (60), all for $500.00. Not bad for a working Leicaflex SL.
Thanks, John
Leicaflex SL.jpg

It's a long time ago that I used a tamron adaptall mount on a Leica R camera but I think that it would only work on my R4 and it was not that reliable. I've just done a quick search on eBay which has brought up a few adaptall mounts which purport to work on the Leicaflex SL but they are not cheap. Some have no aperture linkage at all. Oddly enough I have a T4 mount for the SL.

The Leicaflex SL is a lovely camera [sigh].

I have two adapters for the R system and they work well. The SL adapters are about $200 a piece which is mor that I would be willing to pay

Back