DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax N-Digital - the ultimate Contax Fan-Test....

Hi Irakly,

I am not sure if the feature to post pictures here is working now (but I do see that upload attachment button is back up). If not, you can try posting your pictures in another webite and just add the link in your message here.

"I am not sure if the feature to post pictures here is working now (but I do see that upload attachment button is back up)"

...I put the upload button back, because it will take more time for the future photo upload section to implement then anticipated. The software developper was overpromising and underdelivering to say the least. For ex&les of certain argumantation you can upload pictures in every thread. This feature should be used thoughtfully, otherwise the threads are getting slow with your browser. However the specific photo upload section stays closed for the next days. This is just an intermediate solution til the other section works properly.

Restrictions are 600 pixel on the longest side AND below 130KB, JPEG only.

dirk

P.S.: I am impressed by your attention to detail on this forum. It is good to know that even "little" things, which cost a lot of time to do, get still attention
happy.gif

Hi guys. Just recently I figured that I cannot shoot RAW files because RAW Developer software was not included with my camera when I bought it in Hong Kong. I tried to get it from Kyocera USA, but they refused to sell it to me because my camera has international warranty. I tried to use Canon RAW converter, but it does not recognize Contax files at all
sad.gif
I wonder, if I can buy it from someone who does not shoot RAW. I REALLY need this because I shoot a lot of candids and other high-pace stuff, and ability to put twice as much photos on a microdrive without loosing time on changing cards is a big issue. Thanks!!!!

New Digital Contax TVS??

Kyocera Germany News Release:
BIG FOCUS FOR SMALL COMPANION

More and more amateurs leave their Single Lens Reflex cameras and their bulky photo cases at home and join the photo safari with ultra compact digital cameras. The Finecam S5 digital camera is a real alternative for ambitious amateur photo-graphers. Three brand new models from Kyocera will be presented at this year's PHOTOKINA in Cologne (hall 1.2,stand F29).

Kyocera increases their range of digicams with check card sized 3 and 5 Megapixel digicams.
Finecam S3L and S5 for amateur photo enthusiasts and the Contax TVS digital with 5 Megapixel for the semiprofessional use.

With the Finecam S5 - an absolute highlight of the exhibition, Kyocera presents one of the smallest and lightest digital cameras of the 5-Megapixel class.

Hi Irakly,

"RAW Developer software was not included with my camera when I bought it in Hong Kong. I tried to get it from Kyocera USA, but they refused to sell it to me because my camera has international warranty."

although I do not know all the details in your case, I would recommend you to e-mail to Contax USA or UK, wherever you are located and ask again to purchase that software from Contax. Try to send it to Blake Ziegler for USA or Frazer Allen in UK. I am sure they will try to find a solution for you.

I would be surprised if Contax would not try to help their costumers to be happy with the costumer service.

dirk

Hi all,

Just did some portrait work by using the N Digital, CZ Planar 85/1.4, Planar 50/1.4 and the 645 120/4 Apo-Makro-Planar with Nam-1 last Sunday.

I have loaded some photos on Photo.net with folder name ND Test 5, all the 10 photos were taken by 85/1.4, IBM Micro Drive 1G and manual setting WB at either 5500 or 6500, all done by MF and surprising, of the entire 600 pictures I shot that day I have use only 2 sets of AA rechargeable 1700mAh cells which was way beyond my previous experience of using D Digital, probably at roughly 50 shots per set of same battery.

I supposed the difference may come from the charger because I used the Sanyo charger shipped along with the camera and found no luck and then I switched to use a Sony quick charger and the same battery suddenly becomes more energetic, or must me some other factors I need to find out.

Will continue to pose more thru the day or next day, categorize by lens, update to be advised later.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=235747

Brgds/kaisern

Hi Kaisern,

Any retouch done, most photo seems uner 1/2 to 1 stop.

Regards,
KS

yes, some, the model is my GF, follow her request, I remove the some tiny small spot on her face but that's all, I use probably 30 seconds to do that using PS7 healing tool.

The exposure issue is skeptical and it may be looked different from screen to screen and of course personal taste, I actually like the way the picture is and thought they are good exposures, FYI, I use 100% base on AV mode, only very few shot I over exposure 1 2/3 stops to compensate the actual lighting condition.

I am using a Powerbook G4 and all the picture looked correct exposed but sometimes I review the picture on a PC notebook then it looked darker. Personally I think the ND did a good job in metering.

Brgds/kaisern

It is fine as long as actual picutre is correctly exposed. Maybe I tuned my monitor too dark.
very nice shot.

Regards
KS

Back