Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm f/1.7 Sigma mount

jesito

I got this adapted lens not so long. It performs really well on my SD10 although the light measuring is not really fine (sometimes overexposes upto 2 points). Sharpness and bokeh are remarkable.

DSC00842.jpg

IMG03429.jpg

IMG03435.jpg

IMG03454.jpg

IMG03455.jpg

Kind regards.

Jes.

tc95

Jes great shots....I love my Zeiss glass on my SD14....

Keep up the shots..

Tony C.

jesito

Thanks, Tony.
I'm thinking on getting a SD14 back home...
Did you replace the camera mount or do you have adapted lenses?.

Regards.

Jes.

tc95

Jes,

I replaced the Camera mount....I had a bunch of Zeiss ZF glass and thought the mount replacement would be the most logical way of going...

Tony C.

jesito

Jes,

I replaced the Camera mount....I had a bunch of Zeiss ZF glass and thought the mount replacement would be the most logical way of going...

Tony C.
The right move!... I got only this Planar, all the other lenses are Sigma.

Regards.

Jes.

dirk

CI-Founder
Check for Leitax adapters. AFAIK he is also offering more C/Y-M42 adapters than shown on his site:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Best wishes

DSG

The right move!... I got only this Planar, all the other lenses are Sigma.

Regards.

Jes.
Hi Joe, I converted my Zeiss 50mm f1.7 Planar T* to PK mount as it was closer to the diameter of the lens than an SA mounting plate.
Extremely difficult conversion too, and was'nt really worth it in the end as I never use the lens anymore because I much prefer my Canon FL 55mm f1.2.
BTW, would you be interested in a Zeiss 85mm f1.4 Planar T* in SA mount? Its near mint, comes with a really great, hard rubber lenshood
and I'll take £300 for it. I can throw in the original C/Y mounting plate should you want to convert it back...Its was an extremely easy lens to convert. I'm only selling it because firstly, I have fallen on hard times lately and secondly because I have a faster Canon FD 85mm f1.2 L, also in SA mount.

jesito

Hi Joe, I converted my Zeiss 50mm f1.7 Planar T* to PK mount as it was closer to the diameter of the lens than an SA mounting plate.
Extremely difficult conversion too, and was'nt really worth it in the end as I never use the lens anymore because I much prefer my Canon FL 55mm f1.2.
BTW, would you be interested in a Zeiss 85mm f1.4 Planar T* in SA mount? Its near mint, comes with a really great, hard rubber lenshood
and I'll take £300 for it. I can throw in the original C/Y mounting plate should you want to convert it back...Its was an extremely easy lens to convert. I'm only selling it because firstly, I have fallen on hard times lately and secondly because I have a faster Canon FD 85mm f1.2 L, also in SA mount.
Let me think on it, really tempting... ;)

Regards.
Jes.