Choose a Diopter Correct Lens

G

I want to have a Diopter correct lens for my S2. I am short sight and wearing glass. However, I still need to turn to "-" for better sharpness at the other build in diopter model (eg. AX)..... How can I determine which one should I get. I would gues that is -1 or -2 but I don't think the retailer will give me a try....

G

Hello,

can you tell me the prescription of your glasses for the eye you're looking in the viewfinder? Let's see if I can tell you which one will be the best.

Matthias

G

Thanks Mat,

My short sight is about 500' and so I need to wear glasses anyway...... Today I get a 2nd hand -2 diopter correct lens finder of Canon F1. It fits to S2 well. -2 gives me a sharper feel but a bit too much to me. I will have trial at the real use..... I would guess the -1 will be the best fit but I can not get it at retailer here.

G

Hello,

> My short sight is about 500' and so I need to wear glasses

I'm an optician. But I must say your prescription value confuses me. Guess you're talking about half a diopter (-0.5 dpt). In this case the -2 correction lens will be much to much! As I know the Contax viewfinders have got -1 diopter already build in.
Poorly there seems to be no -1 FL correction lens available from Contax. But even with a -1 correction lens you'll be overcorreted and the viewfinder image will only get shorter.
Maybe yo can find an optician who'll grind a lens for you. You've got the Canon lens as a s&le.

Matthias

blumesan

To Mat Brinkmann:
Since you are an optician, perhaps you can answer my question. When using a diopter correction should one correct for near or distant vision. I am a senior citizen with marked presbyopia, and naturally the two corrections are far apart.
Thanks,
Mike Blume

O

ou1954

>Posted by M. R. Blume (Blumesan) on Sunday, January 04, 2004 - 2:12 am: > >To Mat Brinkmann: >Since you are an optician, perhaps you can answer my question. When >using a diopter correction should one correct for near or distant >vision. I am a senior citizen with marked presbyopia, and naturally >the two corrections are far apart. >Thanks, >Mike Blume

Maybe this will help:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

As for me I am simply near-sighted, and my glasses have a specification of about -2 diopters. Thus, I buy camera viewer adapters with a -2 diopter rating, since the image you see in a viewfinder with no correction is intended to appear at infinity distance (more or less).