DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Ssm and dynax9

J

juankarh

first post: hi every body!
what about ssm lenses? is it easy to update?information, please. Thx.

I'd be also very interested in any informations regarding this matter. Is there anybody who has experience with Dynax/Maxxum 9 update for SSM lenses and ADI flash metering ?

The only off-the-shelf camera that can use SSM lenses is the Dynax 7.

However, only the Dynax 9 is capable of being upgraded to support SSM lenses.

According to Minolta UK, the Dynax 9 needs to be "chipped" upgraded to work properly with the SSM lenses. As for ADI flash metering, this feature is still restricted to the Dynax 7

As a former user of the Dynax 7 I've never seen the advandtage of ADI flashmetering. When I switched to the Dynax 9 I never missed it. The SSM lenses is a different story. Specially the longer teles will benefit from this option. Has anyone here upgraded his/her Dynax 9 already?

I have had 2 9s and 2 9Tis converted to use SSM lenses. Basically it requires a new circuit board to be fitted by Minolta and you get ADI flash and 9Ti custom functions.

If the good people who are decision makers read these messages then = take note.there is a sector of the market hungry for a real pro = orientated digital camera ! Something that will give say 50mb files, be equiped with chips that do = not generate noise at high iso settings and when used with wide angle = lenses do not give fringing. Interchangeable lenses designed for digital to include a really wide = lens and a top quality very wide shift lens =20 Dimage 7 style but bigger with more "presence" seems very practical = and with a flip out LCD screen for live preview. There, thats my Christmas present taken care of. Michael

Michael,

This is when you need to step back and say, "I have to buy the right tool that meets my specific needs, even if it's not the brand I like to usually buy (ie: Sony)".

There are other products that fit your wish list at this time, but they don't come cheap. Most manufacturers are now moving away from trying to outdoo each other by adding more and more pixels, it's not all about pixels! Instead, they are focusing on the quality of the sensors and producing a wider latitude for the exposure they can create with less noise.

Paul Tchiloyans

Just a note: I mentioned Sony instead of Konica, only because as you know, Konica cameras are now owned by Sony.

Paul Tchiloyans

>Hi there! I would like to know that if anyone have any clue about the first DSLR of Sony coming in the market Minolta base. Thanks. Parvez

Paul. the current "High end" camera and digital back combinations = are still not achieving what film based cameras can. IBM aware that this is a lens based problem. my reason for a 50mb file = size is based on the "old" concept of a camera plus lenses for each = format used from 35mm through to 5x4. With a good digital camera offering the flexibility of true wide = angle and with shift lenses to replace the bellows based cameras usually = used for perspective control and without the poor ergonomics of the = familiar 35mm format camera the amount of image capture equipment one = would have to lug around,or invest in, would be reduced. IBM also aware that Sony who have produced some of the very best high = end video cameras have the clout to do the same with still cameras,if = they so wish.Its market governed I know , but the potential is there. regards Michael

Back