DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax N1

>The Sigma DS9 viewfinder covers more that the picture area with a gray shading to allow for composing without moving the camera excessively. > William > >

RTSIII has virtually 100% view finder coverage according to literature.

Thank you, Paul.

Marc, your hillbilly Contax cousins, who live on the manual-focus side of the tracks, are upset by your comment about 100% VF cameras. As Rodney Dangerfield would say, "RTSIII don't get no respect!"

As an empirical matter, the 100% is perfectly real. The local printers kindly lops off part of the 135 frame, but my film scanner sees all.

We RTSIII users also enjoy a high eye-point and a big, bright view. Okay, we have arrested development. And we still use focussing rings, and outhouses.

Rico, no disrespect intended. Just ignorance on my part. In fact, I still believe a Contax RTS or RX with a 55/1.2, 85/1.2, 132/2 is the ultimate SLR/ lens combo. I wish Contax would return to glass that fast for the Autofocus cameras. The 85/1.4 was a step in the right direction...but they badly need a 35/1.4 or 28/2 for the N system.

Hi!

My question is about the NX, but maybe it's general.

So the NX has a custom function, that after rewinding, the film trip is left outside the "film box" (I don't know the correct word). It's nice, but when I've tried to load the film once again, the film was moved to counter 01, not to the begining of the unexposed region. I think, the corresponding custom function is meaningless, if I cannot load the film to the begining of the unexposed region. Is there any opportunity to do that?

Thanks
Sándor

p.<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">•<font color="ff0000">• the following: I've loaded the film to counter 01, set the speed to the minimum (1/2000), and while the lens cap was still in front of the lens, I've pressed the shutter release button 'n' times to load the film to the correct counter. I think, It isn't the correct way, but I had no other choice.

> [Not sure I understand. Are you saying you took, say, 10 shots, and then rewound, and now want the camera to advance the film to frame 11? I don't see how it could ever do that. Is there a way for it to to detect where the unexposed area begins? Seems unlikely]

"Not sure I understand. Are you saying you took, say, 10 shots, and then rewound, and now want the camera to advance the film to frame 11? I don't see how it could ever do that. Is there a way for it to to detect where the unexposed area begins? Seems unlikely"

Yes, exactly! If I'm right, some cameras can do that (automatic film advance), e.g. Pentax MZ-6. But if I can manually advance the film to frame 11, it would be enough to me, but I didn't found a function like that in the manual. And imho the corresponding custom function is meaningless, if I can't do that.

The N1 cannot do that. However, you can do it manually. Reload the film. If you shot up to frame 10, then with the lens cap on, the eyepice cover closed and in a dark room, fire off 12 frames. This will get you past the 10 you have already shot and allow two frames in case the alignment of the first frame was in a different place the second time around.

Simon

Bernard is right, if you take the film out at frame 10 when you return it to the camera it will reload the film (frame 1). To get to 11 you need to advance the film with the shutter release, I stop the lens down all the way -cap stays on lens and turn the shutter speed up to 2000 to avoid any exposure. I also recommend skipping ahead a frame just to be safe.

Back