DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sigma Dp0 Quattro / High mountain beech forest

Serge

500px
v2

500px
v2

500px
v2

Absolutely gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing. I'd be interested in seeing your EXIF if you do not mind sharing. What is your processing program? Do you use Sigma's SPP software? I also especially liked your earlier Kamchatka Peninsula photo. We flew over it on our way to Japan in 2017....way below in view.
I find the DP3Quattro usually a bit too "telephoto" or long. But I also have a Sigma SD Quattro with the 30mm lenses plus a new zoom plus all my older SA-mount lenses for wider shots.

Absolutely gorgeous photos. Thanks for sharing. I'd be interested in seeing your EXIF if you do not mind sharing. What is your processing program? Do you use Sigma's SPP software? I also especially liked your earlier Kamchatka Peninsula photo. We flew over it on our way to Japan in 2017....way below in view.
I find the DP3Quattro usually a bit too "telephoto" or long. But I also have a Sigma SD Quattro with the 30mm lenses plus a new zoom plus all my older SA-mount lenses for wider shots.
Many thanks for the feedback Sandy!
Unfortunately, when I transfer a photo from 500px - exif is not saved like in Flicr To see the EXIF, I specially insert a link to the original source.
2023-04-05_08-03-15.jpg
I have not yet uploaded files (with EXIF), because so far the rules of the forum allows to download 4 megabytes only until May and, besides, I understand that the size of disk space of the forum server is limited. The forum has just begun to work and there is a difficult period of debugging and adaptation.
The optimal variant would be to write a module for the forum that would read Exif information from jpg and display it directly (like at 500px, Flickr, Dpreview, etc.), but it is not available here yet. That is why at the moment the admins recommend to use extensions for Firefox and Google Chrome.

Yes, I use SPP. I get a 16 bit Tiff after it and finalize image in Adobe Photoshop. Later I can talk in detail about the SPP settings I use.
I really like SD Quattro / SD Quattro H and I use 2 very suitable lenses for Foveon - Sigma 14-24/2.8 Art and Sigma 24-105/4 Art. I also had the Sigma 18-35/1.8 Art, but I didn't like that lens at all and sold it. The Dp3Q/Dp3M are not very good cameras for landscape photography (IMO). The DP2 Quattro is more suitable, I can post pictures from this camera (Kamchatka) a bit later.

Thanks for the explanation to the link in the upper left corner. For example, now I see the key EXIF for the wide landscape view of sky, clouds, and land as ISO200, f/9 and the DFPQ0 of course is 14mm. Interesting to me is your use of ISO200. I have similar broad landscapes to shoot (but in Virginia USA) upcoming this weekend and may try ISO200 on my SDQuattro @18mm rather than ISO100.

Thanks for the explanation to the link in the upper left corner. For example, now I see the key EXIF for the wide landscape view of sky, clouds, and land as ISO200, f/9 and the DFPQ0 of course is 14mm. Interesting to me is your use of ISO200. I have similar broad landscapes to shoot (but in Virginia USA) upcoming this weekend and may try ISO200 on my SDQuattro @18mm rather than ISO100.
To be honest, I compared photo quality at 100 and 200 ISO long time ago and could not find any difference, that's why I always set it to 200. I forget about it even when I have to set it to 100 in bright light )

Back