DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Lens Hood for Zeiss PC-Distagon

skeeton

Hi,

Does anyone know what size lens hood is suitable for the PC-Distagon. The contax home page doesn't say although it does say a 70/86 stepping ring is required.

Thanks in advance,

stuart

Thanks Vivi,

Is it ok to use a filter on the 70/86 ring or does this negate the effect of the ring as a hood?

stuart

Hi Stuart according to my information you will get problems with 70/86 ring and filter in this moment when you are shifting to the maximum. I never tried it for myself because I'm not in the lucky condition to own this nice masterpiece. There is also the possibility to ask the people from Zeiss. I' m sure they will help you. Vini

Thanks for the input. I have to admit I still a little confused. The above web site talks about a slip on 86mm filter to be used in conjunction with the 70/86 ring but the Zeiss PDF file mentions a 70mm clip on filter. I am awaiting delivery of the lens and when it is in my hands I'll explore the issue further.

the ring is ok. 70/86mm. but if you want to use an additional cap you must improvise. i use one from novoflex to be but in-between. i have never used filter. maybe one has to choose ver slim ones. 86mm are very expensive.

I received this reply from Zeiss.de when asked whether the filter to use on the PC-D should be the 70mm clip on type or the 86mm used on the 70/86 step up ring

"I would recommend the solution with the step-up ring, because clip-on filters are not available
in a rich choice, and because you are in any case on the safe side with respect to vignetting,
if you use the lens with maximum shift. With the step-up ring you also have the possibility to cascade two filters (e.g. polarizer colour correction) - with a narrow filter
size there would be vignetting in the
corners."

Back