DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

135mm - Contax vs Yashica

crocus63

Has anyone compared the Contax 135mm/2.8 to the Yashica 135mm/2.8 MLC? I happen to have the Yashica one in need of repair (loose aperture spring) and wanted to know if it's worth repairing. The last I recalled it produced saturated colors from Fuji Superia 400 with nice OOF (Bokeh) areas. But that was a long time ago, so my memory might be skewed a bit. I do remember it mounted tighter than Contax lenses though on my RTSII. The FX-2 that it was used with is back on it's way to me sometime in January 2012, so I have some time to think about it before it gets here. It was a combo that I used seldomly though as 135mm isn't my cup of tea (19mm~50mm is more like it).

The lens adaptation movement since started with Canon DSLRs and now with mirrorless digital cameras have only created a frenzy for all lenses with a legacy. You can't find a Contax (C/Y or G), Olympus OM or Leica R lens for a decent price these days. And Leica M, don't even think about it as all the rich have got dibs on that luxury brand.

Back