DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

35mm f2 hood requirement

vishalvora

dear all,

i am after a hood for this lens - can anyone help? i have seen them advertised as replacement parts on an american website - B&H however don't want to spend £50!

does anyone know of third party suppliers?

merry christmas and many thanks,

vishal

Hi Vishal

I'm not normally an e-bay fan, but this guy sells a lot of these replacemen t hoods, which look identical to my friend's Leica hood (I have the oblong plastic variant, he has the round one). Frankly at this price you probably have nothing to lose by trying one out! Let me know if you do and its any good!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-39mm-Leica-lens-hood-for-Summicrom-Lens-50mm-f2-3 5 m_W0QQitemZ7577398944QQcategoryZ78999QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In a similar vein, does anyone know where I can pick up a good second hand pentax digital spot meter for a reasonable price? The prices on ebay are so ridiculous I may as well buy new!

Cheers, James

Hello James,

Thanks for the link - it didn't work.

I have looked on eBay but no joy -

Just paid and ordered on from a dealer in Scotland - should arrive in the new year!

Can't believe I just spend £66 on a plastic hood and cap!!

Happy New Year...

Vishal

Back