DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hello from Texas

xpatUSA1

Greetings to all,

Retired 72-yr old Engineering Consultant now into watch fixing and collection and therefore macro-photography as a subject. Currently armed with a Sigma SD10 + Sigma 70mm macro EX DG. Recently upgraded to a sturdy Giottos tripod with ballhead and poised on the brink of taking the sharpest watch pics ever! Trying out LED lighting with a couple of 14W 5000K floodlights.

I have a tendency to be geeky and verbose.

best regards,

Ted

Ted...Nice to see a fellow Texan here...if you are near Houston...or ever get out this way let me know...

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Thanks, Tony

I live about 8mi out of Bellville down a dirt road. Used to live in the Katy area but it got a little crowded over the years . .

Ted

Know what you mean...about population boom...in the last 4 years...well if you ever want to get together and shoot some macro let me know...

I even have a jeweler that would love for us to come and shoot his stuff...

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Decided to join with used SD14

Hello all from B.C. Canada. This is my first contribution although I have been visiting this forum for months. So far I own second hand SD14 body and several Takumar screw mount lenses. Also have some Pentax K mount glass and today I tested Salvation Army find, Kiron 24 f2.0 lens. It was in Minolta mount which I removed and installed original Pentax K mount in its place. It works fine, but of course it suffers from fringe color in high contrast situations around edges. But nothing too bad! My Nikon 24 f 2.8 was worse!

Cheers,

infinity.

Back