DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Yashica 107MP 108 MP 109MP

paulcontax

Hi
I used both - the 107 and the 108.
I'd always prefer the 108 for it gives you manual control when not using AE. The 107 doesn't.
Both cameras are built-in-hand, not very solid but quite light-weight and : They only use standard-batteries (AAA-type) instead of special photo-batteries (where you never know, how long they'll be produced).
They have a winder integrated - like the Contax 137. This winder is not as quiet as the Contax but much less noisy than most other winders I heard ! - that is : They're quite quiet!

I like them as an affordable backupand as a camera you can give someone to get a shot (just press the button).

Something else : You never know, what exposure-time the AE has chosen - it's not shown ! Stupid - if you ask me...

Perhaps someone else has a different opinion ?

something else : As being posted in the Contax 159 forum you can use program-mode with AE-lenses and have no need of MM-lenses !
Great benefit for those who use program-mode - esp. with 3rd-party lenses (I use Tamron-lenses too - and don't need the MM-adaptor)

"They only use standard-batteries (AAA-type) instead of special photo-batteries (where you never know, how long they'll be produced)."
Paul, Is there any indication that the 2cr5 batteries for the RX or the 2cr batteries for the Aria will no longer be produced? It seems that an awful lot of high end cameras, not just Contax uses 2cr5 batteries. I hope they will continue to produce these lithium batteries for at least another 20 years. Vincent

"They only use standard-batteries (AAA-type) instead of special photo-batteries no: 109mp uses the bigger aa-type-batteries used in flashes.

Michael :
109mp uses the bigger aa-type-batteries used in flashes.
That's even better !

Vincent : Not for 2CR5 but some other older types of photo batteries are not produced any more (that is for some Minox ...) or are as seldom you have really search for a dealer .
For the 2CR5 types are used in a lot of modern AF-SLR I expect this type to be produced a lot of years !

Hi Guys,

I'm new here. I have a FX3 & 107. Can you guys please tell me where can I get a copy of the manual for these models?

On the 107, I cannot seem to figure out the function of the small button (left hand side) next to the mounting. Any advise id highly apprecaited.

Stan

Back