DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Film AN INCONVENIENT TRUTHyou must go and see it

>[Hi Steve

Let me help wake you up. I'm train in the Biological Science and help collect data for the New Jersey Dept. of Environmemtal Protection and other organizations interested in protecting the environment.

I've been aware of global warming since it was a young theory in the late 60s. And yes, the Earth IS warming. But the rate is slow and scientific evidence of imminent catastrophe is so far lacking.

CO2 has been in the past much higher than today as a result of natural processes, sometimes with catastrophic results, sometimes not. And you guessed it, back in the day, there were people predicting doom by 1985. Gore himself warned in the past of such doom by 2000.]

And as to the suddenly-melting polar ice? Look in what is called by science the Multi-decadal-occillation.

Concern? Yes Panic, no We have time, and maybe the slow pace will give the World time to learn to work and live together. So sleep well for now

And never believe anything someone running for President of the USA says until after the election

Cheers

David,
It's interesting how you agree the earth is warming and then you dismiss Gore's movie. My degree is in biochem and molecular biology so I can understand data a bit and what I saw in the movie was very convincing. It seems to me you have not seen the movie and are just taking a political view. I have watched interviews with other notable people who are convinced of the data for global warming. What people do not know is when we reach the point of no return. When it comes to the future of the planet I rather be on the safe side and be proactive than wait until is too late. It's very simple...either there is global warming or not. If there is, we need to reduce emission of gasses if there is no global warming then; there is no down side to reducing the emission--right?

Dirk, Please let us focus on Contax and Zeiss, photography and gear. If this is allowed to continue, this thread is going to destroy this whole forum. There are better places to vent opinions than here. My mailbox is too full already. Thank you, CE

>[Salim I get my info from Scientific American, Nature, Science etc. and from personal observation. Not movies. Evidently, the Permian extinctions 90%+ of the planet might have been cause by CO2 build up, but it was up to 1,000 ppm Three times higher than today.

My point is, don't panic, carefully consider all options, and DO IT RIGHT. We have time and stablizing levels will most likely do the trick. If the world economy is wrecked, it is the poor and the artist (Photographers) who will suffer and die IMO

regards ]

Excuse me, but are you people compulsively self centered to the point of not listening to your neighbors at all? Please, we do not want this kind of posting here.

Isn't why this was moved to off topic?

I am not the OP and I think the OP said he was sorry for posting it in the other thread, but I don't mind seeing it as I find it relevant to photography, especially nature photography. I have no political agenda and what really caught my attention in regards to global warming was a friend photographer telling me I should visit Antarctica after he returned with a ton of awesome photos from his trip last year. He also had encounters with a few scientists working there and they expressed their concerns about the whole situation. My friend said I should try to get there before it's gone. BTW he is a former navy officer, and does photography on the side.

I have a full mailbox and I see much other post that I don't care about, but I just ignore them and delete what I am not interested...

And what about this?
http://tinyurl.com/rnsfz

Will it help Arabs to see farer?
Will it change USA politics?
Will it change our future?
Will it modify the planet horbit?

lol.gif

Back