DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax N-Digital - the ultimate Contax Fan-Test....

REALLY nice work Kaisern. The N digital seems to be doing very well in your hands. Jack C.

Battery Update!

After speaking with the Contax service department about battery life, I sent the body back to them. I received it back three days later with a repair sheet that said that they replaced the power board. I got 112 images from the first set of batteries (JPEG1) and then 158 from the second.

> This message seems to be in the wrong section, but anyway the pictures are lovely, very sharp. RE: 98922 from Kaiserin Chen: can you see the reflection of the photographer in the eye of the model? Very sharp!

"This message seems to be in the wrong section..."

I just moved it into the N-Digital folder. As long noone uses the old e-mail to answer, it should be now o.k.

dirk

I am thinking of getting a N digital for a trip to Austria and Slovenia. I have and N1 with 24-85 and 70-200 and like the setup. Now that people have had a chance to use the ND wheat are the pluses and minuses? 1) Batterly life 2) Noise at 400 ASA? 3) Image quality? 4) Mechanical problems, like freezing up? 5) focusing problems? 6) General handling? I would appreciate comments from N Digital owners. Would you buy the system again? Thanks

Stan:
I have used one now for several months. The camera produces incredible quality. Battery operation is a little concern. When the batteries get down real low the camera will not always record the picture properly(bands of black lines)--just watch the indicator and have spare rechargeables on hand. below is a site that has a very good analysis of the camera. bottom line, I love the camera. http://www.lonestardigital.com/n_digital.htm

Good Luck, Wally

Hi all,

I have loaded more N Digital photos at Photonet, 2 folders, ND test 6 with photos shot only by N Digital and 120/4 Apo-Makro-Planar mounting by use of Nam-1, I pan the camera to maintain focus and composition on the fast moving flower on the pond.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=235995

in the folder ND Test 7 are photos taken by Planar 50/1.4, Planar 85/1.4 and also the 120/4 Apo-Makro-Planar.

I should have really use the Makro-Sonnar in stead but since I have not being use the Apo-Makro-Planar for a while so I decided that way.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=235999

Brgds/kaisern

Are they planning to make a digital body for the Contax rangefinder lenses? it would be a shame to move my 28, 45, and 90 mm into storage.
Any gossip about it?
GF

Ok, I got my ND back after the contax recall, i had to sent it in before even using it. i have been playing with it for a while (1 day)., the battery life is pretty bad with the internal but with the new external contax P-8 D II is good, i shot 150 with no sweat and it seems it has a lot more juice left. the shutter lag time (compared to nikon or canon) is a lot but u can get use to it. i took some test shots from my kids and friends and the results were more than acceptable. a little sharpening is needed but not other adjustment for "regular" shooting. I was surprised, with nikon or canon always needed. the camera in general when compared to d1x or canon 1d is very slow. it is the same compression of the nikon f5 or canon 1v with the rts iii but what the heck, it has a zeiss going for it. the us price for this camera is 7k which way too much. i think contax needs to drop the price to 3~4k. more later

Back