DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

G2 slip cover

saspencr

Has anyone either made or bought some type of cover to put the G2 body in while shooting? I thought it might be beneficial two fold: first by keeping it clean and second making the film winder even a little quieter. scott

Scott, I use the original leather semi-hard case and front cover from Kyocera. Case and frontcover can be separated. There are 2 types of front cover, long and short. It protects the G2 good and makes the winder quieter, not the focus mechanism... It is all rather expensive but it does not make the camera less beautiful!

Frank

Thanks, I wasn't aware that those items were available. Do you happen to have the model number so that I can find one? Or is there a website with photos and the ability to purchase? Thanks, Scott

I found a photo on bhphoto.com. Looks like it only comes in black. I bet a brown leather one would look sharp with the titanium finish. I wonder if there is a third party one? Scott

Scott, the normal case is GC-21, GC-22 for camera with data back. The long type front cover GC-212 is optional accessory for the 90mm F2.8 lens. I don't know if there is a webside with foto's. You can try www.picsearch.com to find a picture. Good luck!

Frank.

I found this hand made black leather case on-line. A bit pricey, but very nice.

kameraleder.com/contaxG.htm

Cheers,
Doug

That's definitely a good looking case. A related question. How do people use this type of case? Is it instead of a camera bag? With one? Thanks, Scott

Back