DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Reflection on the Box Man

RichDitch

I just stumbled on this shot in my files and immediately thought about the Master of Reflections. I know this lacks so many of things that make the Master's images so intriguing and mysterious, but its the best I can do so far.

Burton Barr Library by Richard Ditch, on Flickr

I just stumbled on this shot in my files and immediately thought about the Master of Reflections. I know this lacks so many of things that make the Master's images so intriguing and mysterious, but its the best I can do so far.

Burton Barr Library by Richard Ditch, on Flickr
Rich, perhaps this message was intended for me. Before addressing the main part of the post I feel compelled to set the record straight, here and now.

I am no master of reflections. I do not even have a bachelor of reflections. I merely like to play in this space like children like to play in puddles. That said I do like what I see. There is promise, in my opinion, even if this opinion isn’t worth much.

This image shows promise because I believe it’s not the final product that is the only thing that matters, but the production process itself that makes the difference. More to the point, it is the very effort one makes, experimenting in a space that exists on either side of what would normally be considered the real world.

I hope to see more of your reflections of the world in motion in the near future, so we can learn together as we tread along the path of life.

LOL

Back