DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

I've had excellent service on my C645 in NJ, USA, they were very quick and friendly.

Thanks everyone for your comments and support about fixing my 645. Along w/ all the emails coming in from you there was another one from Laurie McGinnis, the Contax service supervisor, responding to the email I sent out yesterday to Contax about how to process this repair. She was extremely polite, and helpfull, giving me estimated costs of repair and shipping and a door to door turnaround that seems as if it shouldn't be more than around a couple of weeks. And just for forum reference, she is at ex. 4367 on the 1-800 # that Rick listed above.
I'm so relieved; I had heard some horror stories, and after not being able to talk to anyone after two days on hold (not all at once), I was a bit worried.
Thanks again guys for all the input. I'll keep you posted on results...

will

I'm actually writing to ask for advice. I currently own an RTSIII system and I'm considering a 645 system to be used handheld on location. I've heard that in some cases the lenses are too fast for the AF system. By that I mean that if used fully open (ie. f2.0) the AF system is nit acurate enought to render a sharp image. I don't know if this is true and was looking for feedback from anyone that currently uses one to clarify wether this is true or not.

Thnks.

Not true. However the AF is full time manual (no switch to toggle for manual focus) so you can tweak the focus to exactly where you want it when shooting wide open.

I even use a Hasselblad 110/2 on the camera.

The C645 is my main camera and I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this to you, Focussing is just fine plus you have instant manual or autofocus control.
It is the only camera,other than my M6, that can cause me to salivate!
Colin

Have been using the Contax 645 for three months and love the design of the camera the more I use it.

Can someone tell me how the exposure system works in this camera? It seems to meter correctly even without the focusing screen in place!!

Max Tam

Back