DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

645AF To flip or not to flip

J

jeffsxs

I am going to employ my Contax 645 into my weddings. My question is; should I flip the camera or flip the flash? And which brackets are you guys using? I will be using the Quantum Q-flash w/TTL.

I'm thinking that it would be quicker and easier to flip the camera than the flash, cause when I'm on the tripod, I won't have to move the camera.

Camera flip is definately the way to go. I think that I have looked at about everything out there and I finally settled on the Custom Brackets QRS rig after returning one made by Stroboframe. The QRS features a unique arc that allows a smooth rotation. PLEASE NOTE: there is not enough clearance for your PC cord with this bracket and you will have to send it in for a modification. They will adjust the camera forward or back to create clearance.

Back