DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

DPR will live

I have to say when I heard that they were shutting down, I was really surprised. But I was unaware that they were even connected to Amazon so that is how naive I was! It just seemed so popular and I guess a lot of people were surprised as well!

According to this -
Amazon has decided to keep DPR content available as an archive.
At least until the next round of budget cuts. :confused:
It feels like there are some shady negotiations on to keep DPREVIEW going. They can no longer reverse their decision as it has already been announced everywhere, but they must somehow mitigate the absolutely stupid decision to close the site. By the way, there is still no announcement about the sale of the domain name "dpreview".

It feels like there are some shady negotiations on to keep DPREVIEW going

I do not think that this will work. People are already spreaded everywhere and tested already the fruits on other sites. IMHO impossible to go back.

I could imagine that they try to find a way to have a public access for read-only longterm. Like an archive.

I could imagine that they try to find a way to have a public access for read-only longterm. Like an archive.
I think... I would agree with that. Only time will tell. An excellent indicator of future action would be to place the domain name "dpreview.com" for sale.
Domain Name: DPREVIEW.COM
Registry Domain ID: 9005772_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar URL: http://www.markmonitor.com
Updated Date: 2022-07-10T09:20:45Z
Creation Date: 1999-08-11T15:22:43Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-08-11T15:22:32Z

Last edited:
It feels like there are some shady negotiations on to keep DPREVIEW going. They can no longer reverse their decision as it has already been announced everywhere, but they must somehow mitigate the absolutely stupid decision to close the site. By the way, there is still no announcement about the sale of the domain name "dpreview".
In addition to the content that Amazon have now agreed to preserve, DPReview had staff, offices, content creators (e.g. Chris & Jordan), forums etc. All that will go. The only thing they’ve agreed to keep is the archive. I doubt once the announcement was made there was any going back. If there were negotiations (shady or otherwise), the time for them was before the announcement.

The strange thing is that in 2022 there is only a one-year renewal of the domain registration.

Back