DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Can anyone recommend a good standard Zoom

I can confirm what Vincent says......the Yas 35-105 ML is an excellent zoom.

I took some slides once with this lens and a borrowed 35-135 C/Y Zeiss.

I was not disappointed with the Yashica, at 35mm,60mm or 105mm! All shots were on monopod braced against something. I could hardly tell which shots were from which lens when the slides were projected to 6 foot wide. I really had to study the images, long and hard to see the tiny difference. A credit to Yashica, you won't be disappointed with it.

Of course, the Zeiss will show its quality of flare control on shots with the Sun in them!

I can recommend the Yas 80-200ML f4 zoom too!

Cheers, Bob.

I can recommend the Yas 80-200ML f4 zoom too! Cheers, Bob.

Hi folks, the 4/80-200 is similarto the Tokina 4/80-200 which has been tested in the 80's as a very fine lens which could hardly be beaten by the Zeiss and leica lenses. kind regards Paul

Hi Matthiasl:
Tamron 28-80 f 3.5/4.2 and 35-80 2.8/3.4 are among the best manual zooms which I used since many years and being interchangable adptall, can be used with any gear. As mentioned above 35-135 Tamron is also fine but will not compete with CZ lenses. If someone is on budget those are the best standard zooms and specially SP series of tamron is fine.

Hi I also recommend the Tamron SP 28-80 MF zoom as a very good lens. The 28-70 (the old one with 62mm filter) is quite good too but not as good as the 28-80. The Tamron 35-135... there are at least 2 versions : I own that one with an additional ring for macro shots and it's surprisingly good ! At least better than the "super-zoom" 28-200/300 mm from Sigma or Tamron which really suffer on distortion. But if you want the Tamron SP 28-80 you'll have to search hard on the 2nd hand market... Good luck ! Paul

Back