DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

G1 versus G2

K Michael,

What do You mean? It is shorted? Sending it to repair shop in my country is almost impossible. Is this known bug?
Thanks for any info!

It sound like a battery drain to me. It could be casued by a bad power switch. Yur back is upa gainst a wall if you hav no access to a repair service. Is it a known problem? I don't know. Maybe you should invest in a set of rechargaboles and then remove them when you are not using the camera. My opinion is that the camera needs to be checked out by a pro. One other possibility............use different brand of batteries and see what happens.

Hi Folks

got torble with my G2 for over a year = focusing .

being a bit desesparate to achieved sharp photo , I have done some measurement :
when I see infinite in Manual focusing , the real distance is 10 to 12 meters.

when I see 1.4 meters , the real distance is 1.5 meter .

when I see 0.7 meters , the real distance is 0.75 meter.

The shop where I purchase my G2 said to mee that is is my way to use the product .

i am a bit lost ....must I go back to to a Leica...

regeards

Patrice

Patrice, do not let yourself get fooled. The G2 focusses very accurately in most ciscumstances. Only with the 90 mm wide open (at 2.8) and short distances at low light I have seen erroneous behaviour and sometimes less sharp images (mostly portraits. Your camera must be defective I guess.
Peter

Patrice

i,m seemed to remember that this is a question of recalibrating the eeprom chip in your G2
this can be done by the Contax distibutor in your country.
Afther fixing that your G2 works like a charm

Regards Jan

G1 Film Loading

I bought a G1 but it was hard to load film. The space for the cassette was way too tight. So I traded it back for a G2 and solved the problem. Was that a fluke or do others experience the same problem?

Some experience

My first G1 system, 20, 45 and 90 was 350€, my G2 came with a 28, 90 and the 200 flash and was 550€. Both prices are very cheap in my book.
Internal dimensions seem to be the same in both models. No problems in loading any of them, I would like to say that they are userfriendly.
G2 has a better finder and for me being brought up with Kiev and IIa/IIIAs is quicker working manual with.
Battery drainage is not my problem....
As for lenses results speak for themselfs, can it be better? As for sounds, both cameras are way quiter than any SLR and I have used quite a few. When going around street photograping sofare noone has turned head due to sound. Or maybe becourse I'm so fast....
On chosing witch one to recomend I would go for the G2.

G1

Hello to all I am new to the group and this is my first post. I have been looking for a quality rangefinder body for some time now. Nikon F2 are just a bit too heavy. I recently became aware of the Contax G series. I looked at the prices and the prices of the Zeiss lenses for the bodies. I just bought a green label G1 at KEH for $148.00! I can't wait to get it and try it out.

G1

My G1 came by Fedex yesterday. I got it from KEh and the condition is just incredible. The build quality is excellent. I was so pleased I bought a 90mm lens yesterday, also from keh. Can't wait to get the lens so I can compare the images to digital and my Nikons.

Back