Contax DATA BACK D 11

G

Somebody has used the DATA BACK D 11

I will be appreciated them they give information
imprint shutter speed, aperture.

G

THE DATA BACK IS QUITE USEFUL, ESPECIALLY THAT IT WILL BE IN PRINT IN BETWEEN THE FILM, HOWEVER, SOMETIME WHEN DEVELOPING THE FILE THE MACHINE MAY NOT RECONISED THE GAP BETWEEN THE FILE AND WILL THE THE PHOTO INCORRECTLY. THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME AS I ONLY USE THE SMALL PRINT TO SCAN FOR ENLARGE.

finnegans

I think what the original poster was asking was exactly what information does the databack imprint -- is it just the date, or is it also shutter speed, exposure compensation, etc...

I, too, am keen on finding that out. It seems a bit inexpensive ($120 at B&H) to be a full-fledged databack, and I would assume based on price alone that it's just date info....

ediroma

Thanx for understanding my bad English first. Just want to add that since I have posted that question in this forum, I called B&H, and they confirmed that Data Back imprints only date info (time, day,etc.)I think that price for only this feature (date info) is a little bit exagerated.

finnegans

Ahh -- thanks for the update. It is indeed a bit expensive for just a date-imprinting back. Truth be told, however, you can repeat that sentence and insert any bit of Contax gear, generally...