DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Filter Holder works with 35mm lens

G

I took a picture with Lee filter holder mount on my Contax 645 35mm lens. The picture has a serious vignetting problem at the four corners. The 100mm slide-over to the lens barrel type holder for wide angle lens does not fit. Is any suggestion for this problem? I haven't try the Hitech filter holder. I would like to stick with either Lee or Hitech if I could.

i have a contax 645 and a 35mm wide-angle lens (95mm in diameter), which i need paired up with, for ex&le, a singh-ray grad filter (100x150mm in dimensions). has anyone had experience with the lee filters' push on filter in this context? obviously, my main concerns are: (a) whether this is a good fit; and (b) whether vignetting might occur. some people advise just handholding as well. is it feasible, esp. for longer exposures (2 seconds to 30 seconds)?

I use the exact same set up.

Lee makes a 95mm W/A adapter ring that reverses back on itself to avoid vignetting.

You then use the Lee W/A shade with one or two filter slots to slide the grad in to and position as wanted.

B&H has them.

Back